- One 14oz package of
- Della Casa Traditional Fettuccine
- One cup broccoli florets
- One cup of red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt, pepper to taste.
Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook 2-3 minutes to taste. Add the broccoli and bell pepper to the boiling water during the last 45 seconds of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes and salt to taste; cook until the tomatoes begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta and vegetables. Add the parmesan and half the goat cheese and toss to combine. Season with salt.
Divide the pasta among 4 bowls. Top with the remaining goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil. Enjoy!!